Recipes

Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Steps Pinterest Forgets


So the other week I thought I would attempt a Pinterest craft.  Ha, I know some of you are laughing already because you have been there.  You see it, think I can do that, read the directions, seems simple, pin it, attempt it, and wonder where in the world you went wrong when you see the end product that looks like a kindergartener did it.  Been there many, many times!  Anywho, I thought I would try to create a photo cube.   I read many how-to articles and it seemed easy enough.  First step was buy the rubik's cube, and I am not buying an expensive one, I like to save money, and I really like the Dollar Tree so after going to an extra store and and extra round of unbuckling and rebuckling a just turned 2 yr old and 8 month old, I got the rubik's cube and pictures and saved $18, wahoo!  Step two, peel off all the stickers, not a hard feat I thought, until you realize how many stickers are on a rubiks's cube and I have a limited amount of 'free time' aka time without too much help.  Just so you know there are 108 stickers total on 2 rubik's cube.  Step three, get your 8 month old up from his nap.  Step four, wrestle your 8 month old away from pile of stickers.  Step five, get your 2 yr old up.  Step six, try to clean up the stickers while your 8 month tries to eat them. Step seven, give up wrestling and put him in his high chair so you can finish cleaning and pulling off the last 5 stickers. Step eight, listen to your 8 month old scream, then see less stickers then you think so you do finger sweeps trying to rescue stickers you are pretty sure he ate.  Step nine, finish cleaning up stickers and anything else he might eat while answering 'what's that' from your 2 year old while your 8 month old is still screaming.  Pinterest seemed to forget those steps.  So I attempted this project later and did get it finished and walked away with only a good cut on my finger from cutting the photos on the cube.  However, this is where step ten comes a few days later.  We were at my grandparents house for Christmas and my son had a poopy diaper so I go back to change him, open up the diaper, and SURPRISE, step ten, 2 brightly colored green stickers that traveled from the rubik's cube through my son's mouth and digestive track straight to the diaper.  I couldn't stop laughing and made my husband look who smiled, I think just appease my laughing, but didn't find this nearly as funny as I did.  

Needless to say you could take a lot of lessons away from this, but I like to tie a little encouragement in there for any of you mommy's who need some.  God wants us to be a light to others, be that bright spot because you might be the only example of God's love that they see in a poopy day, just like those stickers were the only bright thing to see in that diaper and every diaper since, thank goodness!  So put that pretty smile on ladies and show some love to yourself, others, and God.  The other lesson I learned, Pinterest seems to forgot the steps of being a mom and trying to accomplish the crafts. 



 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."  Matthew 5:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment