Recipes

Monday, January 26, 2015

Super Yummy Fast Omelet



So I have been soooo hungry for an omelet but I have never made one, I know that might sound strange but hey, it happens, and if I do decide to try to make one I never have enough eggs or half the ingredients they call for.  BUT lo and behold, I found the perfect recipe, and I only tweaked it a little bit.  And it is husband tested super approved!

The recipe comes from IHOP.

1 tbsp butter
1/4  cup diced yellow onion
1/4 cup diced green pepper (I always use the saying 3 to eat, 4 to cook, that is how many bumps they have on the bottom, so a 4 bump bottom is better to cook with here)
3 or 4 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp water
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vegetable oil if not using nonstick cooking spray
1/4 cup diced tomato
1/4 cup bacon (I never have bacon on hand already cooked so I buy the bacon pieces which is by the bacon bits in the store.)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. In a medium-low heat, melt butter and add the onion and green pepper.  I find it easier to dice all my veggies before hand because once you start the process it is pretty quick.
2. Stir until the onion and pepper are soft but not browned, this will take a couple minutes.  I like mine to still be a little crunchy so I probably cook them for about 3 minutes maybe a little more.
3.  Remove peppers and onions from heat and begin to heat a 12 inch skill over medium low heat, add oil or spray nonstick cooking spray.
4.  In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, water, and salt, beat or stir well.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and sprinkle with the vegetable mixture, tomato if desired, bacon, and 1/2 cup of cheese.
6.  Cover the pan until the omelet starts to set, 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Immediately remove the lid and fold the omelet from the sides to the middle or in half.  Sprinnkle with the rest of the cheese and cover for about 30 seconds to minute for the cheese to melt.
8.  Enjoy!

The recipe also has sausage, ham, and roast beef you can add but I was looking for something super quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment