Recipes

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Cream Peas & Corn, super easy fast side





Peas are one of my favorites but my husband's least favorite.  So I decided to spice creamed peas up a little by adding corn to it.  He said it wasn't bad for having peas which is a huge improvement because he doesn't eat peas otherwise.  My 10 month old and I ate the rest, and truthfully I surprised myself, I didn't think it would this delicious.  Hope you enjoy!

Cream Peas & Corn
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
dash of salt
3 tbsp butter
1 cup milk
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tbsp white sugar

Heat peas and corn in saucepan with water and salt according to package directions.
While the peas and corn cook, melt butter in a saucepan.
Slowly stir in flour to melted butter, then gradually whisk in milk, and stir in sugar.
When it begins to bubble and get thick, remove from heat and add in peas and corn, (after they have been drained).  
Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
Enjoy 










No comments:

Post a Comment